REFLECTOR:MT Prop went missing

Greg Poole reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:12:32 +1000


Thanks for locating those jpgs Dave! ..(gosh you are a methodical being!).
In the first picture you will notice what looks to be a definite slice @ 90
degrees to the blade leading edge - and look just how cleanly the SS leading
edge is cut. If you look hard at the leading edge of the second blade
picture, you will notice lots of little indentations on that edge from stone
damage.

I have no doubts that for a Velocity to be practical in a place like
Australia, a front wheel deflector is required to send stones away from the
prop. I am putting the speed brake on my Std RG as an added precaution and
wonder whether the main wheels should also have stone deflectors fitted to
send any debris outboard of the prop arc.

Greg in Sydney.


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dave Black" <dvblack@comcast.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:MT Prop went missing


> Greg,
>
> > It belonged to Leon Howe. I was travelling
> > in the aircraft with Leon when we lost 4.5" off
> > one blade and around 3" off another ....I did mail some
> > pictures to several individuals on the Reflector at the time
> > so if they still have them would they please forward them.
>
> Am I the only one who saves these things forever?
>
> The last one is an unrelated Australian incident.
>
> Dave


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----






----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----






----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----






----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----






----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----