REFLECTOR::Re: Aileron Rigging Frustration

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:21:58 -0600


Kurt,

I was told by Brendan that you want to load up the ailerons by having them 
both up or down about 1/16 of an inch.

Of course I'll have to manually dig through the VV(he published an article 
last yea about that) to find out if it was up or down? :-)  Which means I 
won't, but you will...  :-)

Scott



At 01:57 PM 4/3/2004, you wrote:
>Al & all,
>
>When I achieved 2-7/16 up and 2-5/16 down, it was separately (as I was 
>instructed to do by the factory). Once I hooked up both sides, I lost 
>quite a bit. That was when I built new brackets and started over from scratch.
>
>Now, like I said, I set up everything exactly as the factory said and as 
>per the newer instructions. Unfortunately, after a few hours of adjusting, 
>I can't even get 2-3/8 up/down out of the system.  when I did get close to 
>that, both ailerons were trailing edge UP about 1/16. When I try to get 
>them even or to get the factory recommended droop I lost travel.
>
>The one thing I did not do is mess with the Keel cable clamps (I was 
>assured they are laser cut and perfect). I am beginning to think that 
>there is yet another mistake in a part of mine and I have wasted 
>tremendous time working with a defective system (again).  The last 3 items 
>that I ran into this kind of trouble,  it turned out to be defective parts 
>(although I was assured that that was impossible).
>
>So now, the question is.... just how to fix it?   Yes, my patience are 
>wearing thin.... but I do appreciate the input :)
>
>Thanks,  Kurt


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin