REFLECTOR:Headset Heartache
Dave Black
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:05:47 -0400
Chuck,
> It knows when
> I'm ready to set off on a trip on a long trip and will have to endure its
> noise for hours on end; then it appears with a vengence. But on the ramp,
> it hides because it knows I might be able to attack it.
Quite true. Electroantangonizomorphisim it a very real problem. I once had a
TV whose picture went black. I removed the 28 screws, opened the back, and the
TV worked fine. Screwed the back in place and the TV is dark. Repeat the
sequence four times. Finally I realized it was simply trying to antagonize me,
and would not misbehave when I could do something about it. I decided just to
leave the back off. The TV worked that way for years.
The trick is to psyche it out by making it believe you are prepared to tear
into it immediately, even if it misbehaves at cruise altitude. To that end,
try to convince it your wife is an avionics tech. Carry a sledgehammer.
Dave Black
Shortwing RG