REFLECTOR:Headset Heartache
aminetech
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 06:31:05 -0500 (CDT)
I don't have any ideas to offer. Most days my radio works acceptably,
some days the noise is bad. Thanks for the tip on touching the plugs.
I'll try it next time.
John
> I've been fighting headset noise and need relief, bad. For several
> weeks, after being airborne for a while, a snap-crackle-pop would start
> in the headset. However, I could stop it by resting my leg against the
> fixture the headset plugs into that's mounted on the keel. It wasn't
> the pressure that would stop the popping, just the touch. I could stop
> it with a light touch of my finger. "Untouch it" and it would
> snap-crackle-pop again until I touched it again. I didn't know if I was
> acting as some kind of capacitor or ground. Touching it was effective
> but after a couple hours, you get a cramp in your leg. I checked the
> fixture and while the soldering wouldn't win any awards, there was no
> apparent fatal flaws. Note: touching any of the other three head set
> fixtures would not stop the crackle.
>