REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 07:01:24 -0400
Hi Andy,
I found the connector fittings at NAPA. They are brass 3/16" compression
unions and will work on both the nyloflow and the AN3 aluminum tubing.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: "KeithHallsten" <KeithHallsten@quiknet.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes
| Andy,
| Since the brake master cylinders are Japanese car parts, I would certainly
| expect that the thread is metric! I found banjo fittings that seem like
| just the thing at Pegasus Auto Racing (www.pegasusautoracing.com) see page
| 67 in their catalog, "Brake Adaptor Fittings and Banjo Bolts". The
| combination of a Part #3265-20 3AN to M10 Banjo Fitting ($8.49) and a Part
| #3242-3 M10x1.0 Banjo Bolt ($4.99) would take you from the M10 thread on
| the clutch master cylinder to AN-3 tubing at 90 degrees in any direction.
|
| Now all I have to do is get from AN-3 tubing to Nylaflow tubing (which I
| have already glassed onto the gear legs!)
| Keith Hallsten
|
| ----- Original Message -----
| From: "Andy Millin" <amillin@net-link.net>
| To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
| Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 7:09 PM
| Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes
|
|
| > Craig,
| >
| > Thanks for the reply. Could you help me out with your research. What
did
| > you find where? When I looked it up it was an M10x1 fitting. Duane
Swing
| > also confirmed that it was metric. He said that even though it was
| metric,
| > they continued to use the 1/8-28 fitting. I really appreciate the help.
| >
| > Andy
| >
| > -----Original Message-----
| > From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
| > Behalf Of Craig and/or Denise Woolston
| > Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 4:50 PM
| > To: reflector@tvbf.org; amillin@net-link.net
| > Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes
| >
| >
| > Andy-
| >
| > From my extensive research, the Master cyclinder thread is British
| > Standard Pipe Taper of 1/8"-28. I was able to get this to 1/4 AN in
steel
| > from Motion Industries (Bearing and Hydralic hose place). They got it
| from
| > a supplier by the name of Brennan Industries. I was even able to get a
90
| > deg elbow fitting since I felt it made for a better installation. We go
| > from that to a Matco parking brake valve and then on down the keel (XCFG
| > also) all 3003 Al lines for us.
| >
| > Craig
| > !----------------------------!
| > ! Craig Woolston !
| > ! XL-FG in Palmdale, CA !
| > ! cdwoolston@earthlink.net !
| > !----------------------------!
| >
| > > -----Original Message-----
| > > From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
| > > Behalf Of Andy Millin
| > > Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 7:54 AM
| > > To: reflector@tvbf.org
| > > Subject: REFLECTOR:Hookin up the brakes
| > >
| > >
| > > Does anyone know the NAPA part number for specification for the master
| > > cylinder fitting for the brake line? I believe it is NPT to AN.
| > >
| > > Thanks,
| > >
| > > Andy
| > >
| > > _______________________________________________
| > > To change your email address, visit
| > > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
| > >
| > > Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
| >
| > _______________________________________________
| > To change your email address, visit
| > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
| >
| > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
| >
| > _______________________________________________
| > To change your email address, visit
| http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
| >
| > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
| >
|
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html