REFLECTOR:Alternator

KeithHallsten reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:33:10 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C37661.905C9E00
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Mel,

Any "aircraft" alternator will not have an internal regulator, but just =
about every "automobile" alternator will incorporate a regulator.  I'm =
going with the B&C alternators myself, which are nothing more than =
Nippon Denso auto alternators which have been precision balanced and had =
the built-in regulator removed.  Yes, it's a lot of money, but it's hard =
to argue with their record of success!

Keith
=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com=20
  To: reflector@awpi.com=20
  Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 10:16 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Alternator


  I purchased a B&C voltage regulator several years ago and intended to =
also buy their alternator.  Now I find that I no longer think that they =
are worth $600 to $700.  Velocity has a 60 amp for about $200 but it has =
the voltage regulator built in and I hear that it's a major effort to =
disable it.  Does anyone know of an alternator without a regulator that =
will fit my LYC IO360?  Also, what's the difference between a case mount =
and a boss mount?=20

  99.9% finished and taking for ever!!=20

  Mel Bina  STD  RG 
------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C37661.905C9E00
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mel,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any "aircraft" alternator will not have =
an internal=20
regulator, but just about every "automobile" alternator will incorporate =
a=20
regulator.&nbsp; I'm going with the B&amp;C alternators myself, which =
are=20
nothing more than Nippon Denso auto alternators which have been =
precision=20
balanced and had the built-in regulator removed.&nbsp; Yes, it's a lot =
of money,=20
but it's hard to argue with their record of success!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keith</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DPUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com">PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@awpi.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@awpi.com">reflector@awpi.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, September 08, =
2003 10:16=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> =
REFLECTOR:Alternator</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT size=3D2>I purchased =
a B&amp;C=20
  voltage regulator several years ago and intended to also buy their =
alternator.=20
  &nbsp;Now I find that I no longer think that they are worth $600 to =
$700.=20
  &nbsp;Velocity has a 60 amp for about $200 but it has the voltage =
regulator=20
  built in and I hear that it's a major effort to disable it. &nbsp;Does =
anyone=20
  know of an alternator without a regulator that will fit my LYC IO360?=20
  &nbsp;Also, what's the difference between a case mount and a boss =
mount?=20
  <BR><BR>99.9% finished and taking for ever!! <BR><BR>Mel Bina =
&nbsp;STD=20
  &nbsp;RG</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C37661.905C9E00--