REFLECTOR:Re: MS FlightSim

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:07:57 -0400


The buttons and HAT can be reprogrammed but I didn't:  There are two buttons
on top of my MS joystick that are already programmed for up and down trim.
The hat switch is used to either pan around the cockpit while in virtual
cockpit mode, or select views looking all the away round the plane in 45
degree increments and are worth keeping if you are doing pattern work.

There are several tutorials, some starting with pure basics of learning to
fly a plane, - you can skip those (;>)) but you will need the keyboard and
other commands for things like trimming left and right, turning on the radio
stack, changing frequencies, or turning on the GPS.  It will seem cumbersome
at first, but well worth the trouble considering the amount of fuel you will
save while practicing IFR and the concrete clouds in MS don't hurt nearly
has bad as the real ones!

Ronnie


----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Jensen" <cjensen@dts9000.com>
To: <romott@adelphia.net>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 1:46 PM
Subject: MS FlightSim


| Ronnie,
|
| Are you able to program your joystick such that the HAT switch can be used
| just like the HAT switch on the Velo joystick, namely the plane can be
| trimmed with it?  No one around here seemed to carry the MS joystick so I
| got a Logitech unit but have been unsuccessful in getting the HAT switched
| programmed for trimming all 4 ways.  I wasn't sure if I was missing
| something or not.
|
| I tried to buy a book/magazine or some sort on MS FlightSim but I was
| surprised, nothing was available.  I hate breaking down and reading
| instructions but it is faster that blindly floundering around trying to
| figure out how all the do-dads on a program are supposed to work.
|
| Chuck Jensen
|