REFLECTOR:Panel Planner
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:55:53 -0400
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_06ED_01C37569.4832A3C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
I have heard several people say the Panel Planner software ($199) is =
pretty lousy, Not very accurate information or drawings. =20
There was an online panel planner but I can't find it now.=20
I used Turbo Cad - there was a free version at their web site - =
http://www.imsisoft.com/free/ . =20
I used a combination of info from Aircraft Spruce on standard instrument =
sizes, manufacturer's literature on the internet, manuals, brochures, =
for avionics, etc. sizes. I even downloaded color photos which I was =
able to print out and stick to the panel. I was able to print out very =
accurate layout drawings, in color to lay out over my blank panel to =
practice with layouts, man/machine interface, ease of use, etc. Then I =
used printouts of my final layouts, taped to the panel to center punch =
corners for rectangular holes and center holes for fly cut or drilled =
holes. It really worked out nicely.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Chuck Jensen=20
To: 'reflector@tvbf.org'=20
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 2:30 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Panel Planner
Some time in the past, software for panel planning was mentioned but =
have been unable to find the reference. Anyone have a favorite, or =
one(s) to avoid?
Chuck
------=_NextPart_000_06ED_01C37569.4832A3C0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have heard several people say the Panel Planner=20
software ($199) is pretty lousy, Not very accurate =
information or=20
drawings. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There was an online panel planner but I can't find =
it=20
now. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I used Turbo Cad - there was a free version at their =
web site=20
- <A=20
href=3D"http://www.imsisoft.com/free/">http://www.imsisoft.com/free/</A>&=
nbsp;. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I used a combination of info from Aircraft Spruce on =
standard=20
instrument sizes, manufacturer's literature on the internet, manuals, =
brochures,=20
for avionics, etc. sizes. I even downloaded color photos which I was =
able to=20
print out and stick to the panel. I was able to print out very =
accurate=20
layout drawings, in color to lay out over my blank panel to practice =
with=20
layouts, man/machine interface, ease of use, etc. Then I used =
printouts of=20
my final layouts, taped to the panel to center punch corners for=20
rectangular holes and center holes for fly cut or drilled holes. =
It really=20
worked out nicely.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
<A title=3Dcjensen@dts9000.com =
href=3D"mailto:cjensen@dts9000.com">Chuck=20
Jensen</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
href=3D"mailto:'reflector@tvbf.org'">'reflector@tvbf.org'</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, September 07, =
2003 2:30=20
PM</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Panel =
Planner</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D406225417-07092003><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Some =
time in the=20
past, software for panel planning was mentioned but have been unable =
to find=20
the reference. Anyone have a favorite, or one(s) to=20
avoid?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D406225417-07092003><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D406225417-07092003><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Chuck</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_06ED_01C37569.4832A3C0--