REFLECTOR:wing lights

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 07:20:47 -0600


I was curious also.  My Bonanza had the landing lights in the wing, just outboard of the fuel tank.   There were documented instances that when the wing was over stressed it always failed(folded) from the landing light back.

Scott


On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:13:59 -0400, Scott Baker wrote:
> I'm curious about this.  The hollowed out area that is outboard of
> the fuel bulkhead - as innocuous as it seems, is structural. 
> Several layers of triax reinforcements are applied to give this
> area extra strength.  If this is where the "strake lights" are
> going, I wonder how the leading edge cutout(s) will affect the
> structure - especially considering that the area is already
> weakened by the creation of a wing bolt access hole on the
> underside?
> Scott B.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From:  Alexander  Balic
> To: Reflector
> Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 3:43  PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR:wing lights
>
>
> If anyone is  interested- I have a set of molds for plexi light
> covers for strake mounted  recognition/landing lights - the ones
> that a few of us are  installing outboard of the tanks- I have
> already molded my covers with  them, so don't need them anymore- I
> will give them to anyone who wants  them.
>
> Alex