REFLECTOR:Quadrants vs. push-pull controls
John Dibble
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:33:56 -0400
The factory has dual controls in 94VA, the plane they check you out in.
John
Scott Derrick wrote:
> I'd like to install a right seat throttle/mixture control. I have
> push/pulls on the left which I prefer.
>
> I heard the factory has access to a system that connects the two
> controls up front and there are single lines going back to the engine.
> Anybody seen this?
>
> Scott
>
> Velocity_AZ wrote:
> > Keith,
> >
> >
> >
> > I installed dual throttle quadrants in my Elite LWFG. I got them from
> > Beechhurst Industries (http://www.beechhurst.com/Quads_Recip.shtml
> >
> >
> >
> > They are extremely well made. I slaved the two throttles so they
> > operate together. You can see my installation at Sony ImageStation
> >
> > http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291366131
> >
> > (you have to join – it’s free).
> >
> >
> >
> > I just started flying (got 16 hours on my plane) and love it.
> >
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >
> >
> > Kevin Steiner
> >
> > Scottsdale, AZ
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> > Behalf Of KeithHallsten
> > Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:26 PM
> > To: reflector@tvbf.org
> > Subject: REFLECTOR:Quadrants vs. push-pull controls
> >
> >
> >
> > I'm getting things lined up to install my IO-540, and I'm trying to
> > decide whether to go with the standard push-pull controls or the
> > "cooler" quadrant option.
> >
> >
> >
> > I recognize that the push-pull controls have the nice vernier fine
> > adjustment and anti-creep. On the other hand it's not clear how to rig
> > up dual engine controls with the push-pull scheme.
> >
> >
> >
> > I recall Rob Johnson's post on his modified ACS homebuilder quadrant.
> > Do any of you have a source for practical quadrants that lend themselves
> > to dual installation?
> >
> >
> >
> > Should I just forget the dual controls?
> >
> >
> >
> > Keith Hallsten
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose