REFLECTOR:SEA LORD

Hiroo Umeno reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:51:59 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C3718B.ABAA4202"

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3718B.ABAA4202
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I remember reading about a week ago on the Abandoned Airfields web site
that there is a CIA training airfield in the area and the chart
identifies the controlling agency of the airspace around the site as
"Giant Killer".  You were probably talking to one of them.

=20

Hiroo

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of CBrock5000@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 12:37 PM
To: reflector@awpi.com
Subject: REFLECTOR:SEA LORD

=20

I had the opportunity to fly 2 weeks ago direct from APF (Naples, FL) to
HTO (East Hampton, NY) with a fuel/bladder/food stop in New Bern, NC.
This flight took me about 100nm off the East Coast of Florida. I was
handed off from Miami Center to Sea Lord without a clear signal so I
climbed to 13,500 and received a usable signal. Once my position was
confirmed I descended back to 11,500 as signal became stronger. Was this
the Navy I was speaking to?  Also, after I transferred over to Giant
Killer, near N.C., the controller was directing me to a military comm.
channel. I realized the controller error and advised I was civilian G.A.
Does the term Giant Killer hold any historical meaning also?=20

Chris Brock XL-RG


------_=_NextPart_001_01C3718B.ABAA4202
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"MS Mincho";
	panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"\@MS Mincho";
	panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I remember reading about a week ago =
on the
Abandoned Airfields web site that there is a CIA training airfield in =
the area
and the chart identifies the controlling agency of the airspace around =
the site
as &#8220;Giant Killer&#8221;.&nbsp; You were probably talking to one of =
them.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Hiroo</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf
Of </span></b>CBrock5000@aol.com<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Tuesday, September =
02, 2003
12:37 PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@awpi.com<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> REFLECTOR:SEA =
LORD</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>I had the opportunity to =
fly 2 weeks
ago direct from APF (Naples, FL) to HTO (East Hampton, NY) with a
fuel/bladder/food stop in New Bern, NC. &nbsp;This flight took me about =
100nm
off the East Coast of Florida. I was handed off from Miami Center to Sea =
Lord
without a clear signal so I climbed to 13,500 and received a usable =
signal.
Once my position was confirmed I descended back to 11,500 as signal =
became
stronger. Was this the Navy I was speaking to? &nbsp;Also, after I =
transferred
over to Giant Killer, near N.C., the controller was directing me to a =
military
comm. channel. I realized the controller error and advised I was =
civilian G.A.
&nbsp;Does the term Giant Killer hold any historical meaning also? <br>
<br>
Chris Brock XL-RG</span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>
=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3718B.ABAA4202--

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--