REFLECTOR:Heating

Brett Ferrell reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:05:34 -0700


Craig,

I'm going a similar route, installing seat heaters and a mixer valve to get the air temperature I want, but am not have 2 zones.  I was wondering, did you use the mixer from Spruce or make your own?

Also, after feedback from a flying Velocity, I'm installing a bilge fan so I can heat (through a second oil cooler) recirculated cabin air instead of bringing (potentially subzero) outside air in.  And since I've got an FG, I'm going to use the keel as a heating duct for the backseats to get some hot air.....

Brett

Quoting Craig and/or Denise Woolston <cdwoolston@earthlink.net>:

> Well I went way overboard but it was one of those
> great ideas that quickly
> multipled in to lots of hours and it's still not
> done...
> 
> I made two plenums that will mount on canard bulkhead.
>  They each have a hot
> and a cold source coming from front oil cooler and
> fresh air NACA
> respectively.  Since the wife and I are never the same
> temperature a small
> diverter flap inside each plenum allows for individual
> temperature control.
> I plan to drill two holes in canard bulkhead that each
> plenum sits over the
> top.  One hole will just allow the output to blow down
> on feet and the other
> will be routed to the instrument panel eyeball vent. 
> Time will only tell if
> it will work.  As for the rear seats I'm thinking
> seriously about electric
> seat warmers and/or electric blanket outlet.
> 
> Craig
> !----------------------------!
> ! Craig Woolston             !
> ! XL-FG in Palmdale, CA      !
> ! cdwoolston@earthlink.net   !
> !----------------------------!
> 
>   -----Original Message-----
>   From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org
> [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
> Of velocityxlfg
>   Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 9:07 AM
>   To: reflector@tvbf.org
>   Subject: REFLECTOR:Heating
> 
> 
>   Can some one send me some pictures of what they did
> on there heating
> system. ducts, Heat exchanger routing of the
>   heat ducts.   Ect.
>   Ron
>   velocityxl@fastmail.fm
>