REFLECTOR:Soft brake pedal.

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:29:38 -0600


I picked up the nose of my plane and set the nose wheel on a box about 1.5' to 2'  high. I had somebody hold it down that I really trusted. 

This provided some really positive gravity for the bubbles to work up the line. Just raising the nose caused a bunch to rise up the line. then back bleed of course from the wheel to the master cylinder. I did this after I accidentally popped the brake puck out which insured it was full of air after I stuck it back in.  Tight brakes, no worries.

Scott


On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:55:19 EDT, PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com wrote:
> I have been having a very difficult time bleeding my brakes.  I
> have worked from both the top and bottom of the system and cannot
> get a hard pedal.  As I recall, this topic was discussed a few
> months ago.  Does anyone remember what the conclusion was regarding
> the best method?
>
>
> I was able to exchange the one bad master cylinder at Napa under
> warranty by taking it to the store (thanks Kevin).
>
>
> Mel Bina  STD  RG