REFLECTOR:Soft brake pedal.

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:45:18 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C387EF.F5B4B4A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I found that one of my brake calipers had trapped air between pucks.  I =
had to remove the wheel and caliper, and stand the caliper vertically =
with the brake line still attached.  Then I back bled the lines using a =
hand pump at the caliper end. =20

This is after I had bled the brakes repeatedly then finally I decided it =
had to be a bad master cylinder. (The other side was working fine.) The =
new replacement had the same problem.  After I bled the caliper =
vertically, problem fixed.

Ronnie Brown
173 Elite RG 85 hours

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com=20
  To: reflector@awpi.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 11:55 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Soft brake pedal.


  I have been having a very difficult time bleeding my brakes.  I have =
worked from both the top and bottom of the system and cannot get a hard =
pedal.  As I recall, this topic was discussed a few months ago.  Does =
anyone remember what the conclusion was regarding the best method?=20

  I was able to exchange the one bad master cylinder at Napa under =
warranty by taking it to the store (thanks Kevin).=20

  Mel Bina  STD  RG=20

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C387EF.F5B4B4A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I found that one of my brake calipers had trapped =
air between=20
pucks.&nbsp; I had to remove the wheel and caliper, and stand the =
caliper=20
vertically with the brake line still attached.&nbsp; Then I back bled =
the lines=20
using a hand pump at the caliper end.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This is after I had bled the brakes repeatedly then =
finally I=20
decided it had to be a bad master cylinder.&nbsp;(The&nbsp;other side =
was=20
working fine.)&nbsp;The new replacement had the same problem.&nbsp; =
After I=20
bled&nbsp;the caliper vertically, problem fixed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie Brown</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>173 Elite RG 85 hours</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DPUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com">PUSHERPILOT@wmconnect.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@awpi.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@awpi.com">reflector@awpi.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, September 30, =
2003 11:55=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Soft brake=20
pedal.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT size=3D2>I have been =
having a=20
  very difficult time bleeding my brakes. &nbsp;I have worked from both =
the top=20
  and bottom of the system and cannot get a hard pedal. &nbsp;As I =
recall, this=20
  topic was discussed a few months ago. &nbsp;Does anyone remember what =
the=20
  conclusion was regarding the best method? <BR><BR>I was able to =
exchange the=20
  one bad master cylinder at Napa under warranty by taking it to the =
store=20
  (thanks Kevin). <BR><BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;STD &nbsp;RG</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C387EF.F5B4B4A0--