REFLECTOR:Panel Switches
Jim Agnew
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:50:19 -0800 (PST)
Most of the generally available marine switches are of poor
quality and not sealed.
Jim
--- Glenn Babcock <gbabcock@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm wiring up my panel, and I'm looking for
> recommendations on power
> switches. I don't plan to use a prefab switch/power
> unit, and have already
> completed my breaker panel.
>
> I want to install rocker switches for various lights
> (NAV, landing, etc.) on
> the main panel, and rockers for engine functions (mags,
> starter, fuel pump,
> etc.) on the overhead panel. I would like the switches
> to have a lighted
> label and a power indicator light.
>
> I also need push buttons for the stick and panel mounted
> switches such as
> PTT, autopilot, COM flip, etc.
>
> I did find an interesting looking item by Carling
> Technologies
> (www.carlingtech.com) called the Contura. This is an
> attractive, sealed
> switch with LED lighting for both label and status. It's
> rated 20A at
> 12VDC. DigiKey has it available.
>
> Should I stick with sealed switches (marine type)?
>
> Besides obvious sources like Spruce and Chief, any tips
> on sources?
>
> Regards,
> Glenn
> N697RG
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/gbabcock
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying