REFLECTOR:Al is quite
Chuck Jensen
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:09:13 -0500
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B0F9.D408FEB0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Ronnie,
You're right. On Thurs, I flew 300nm to Memphis and 300nm back to TYS and
did not see a single cloud anywhere. Once, I felt a tiny bit of turbulence
and thought "ugh, a perfect day ruined" but I looked over and it was just
the passenger adjusting his hemarroid cushion.
Hey, where'd you get the struts. Mine are just a tad weak and would let the
door slump down if the plane jostles a little during taxi. But with the
advent of cold weather (and, I assume, lower pressure in the strut), the
door will just flat drop. I'd been thinking about looking around for new
struts (better than having to wear a hard hat), but since you've already
done the research, how about sharing? By the way, what's the psi of the
standard Velo door struts?
How effective are the lights on the strut during taxi? Are they so low that
most of the light is parallel to the ground which reduces runway/taxiway
illuminating or are you able to aim it (them) to achieve that benefit. I
have the landing light in the nose with a little downward tilt. It's okay
for 30' in front of the plane but 50' in front, I need to put on my night
vision goggles. So, is it effective?
Chuck Jensen
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Ronnie Brown
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 6:59 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Al is quite
You got that right!!!
Today was a FABULOUS day in the Carolinas, no clouds, > 50 mile visibility,
little wind, just a perfect day to fly a FABULOUS airplane - my Velocity 173
Elite RG.
I got some new gas springs that are 50 lb and hold the door up while
taxiing, I got my landing lights installed
(between the gear leg and door), and everything is just working SO good!!!!!
What a GREAT airplane and a GREAT day to fly.
So if you are sanding, sand faster and get that bird flying - you're gonna
love it!!!!
Ronnie Brown
----- Original Message -----
From: Jack Sheehan <mailto:j.f.sheehan@issmail.larc.nasa.gov>
To: reflector@tvbf.org <mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Al is quite
No the weather is nice so we are out flying
N55XL
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B0F9.D408FEB0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR:Al is quite</TITLE>
<STYLE type=text/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
DL {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
UL {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
OL {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
LI {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
</STYLE>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P><FONT size=2>Ronnie, </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=2>You<SPAN class=796411112-22112003>'</SPAN>r<SPAN
class=796411112-22112003>e</SPAN> right. On Thurs, I flew 300nm to Memphis and
300nm back to TYS and did not see a single cloud <EM>anywhere</EM>. <SPAN
class=796411112-22112003> Once, I felt a tiny bit of turbulence and thought
"ugh, a perfect day ruined" but I looked over and it was just the
passenger adjusting his hemarroid cushion. </SPAN><SPAN
class=796411112-22112003></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P><EM><SPAN class=796411112-22112003></SPAN></EM><FONT size=2>Hey, where'd you
get the struts. Mine <SPAN class=796411112-22112003>are</SPAN> just a tad
weak and w<SPAN class=796411112-22112003>ould</SPAN> let<SPAN
class=796411112-22112003> the</SPAN> door slump down if the plane
jostle<SPAN class=796411112-22112003>s</SPAN> a little during taxi.<SPAN
class=796411112-22112003> </SPAN> But with the advent of cold weather (and,
I assume, lower pressure in the strut), the door will just flat drop. <SPAN
class=796411112-22112003> I'd been thinking about looking around for new
struts (better than having to wear a hard hat), but since you've already done
the research, how about sharing? By the way, what's the psi of the
standard Velo door struts?</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=2><SPAN class=796411112-22112003>How effective are the lights on
the strut during taxi? Are they so low that most of the light is parallel
to the ground which reduces runway/taxiway illuminating or are you able to aim
it (them) to achieve that benefit. I have the landing light in the
nose with a little downward tilt. It's okay for 30' in front of the
plane but 50' in front, I need to put on my night vision goggles. So, is
it effective?</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial>Ch</FONT>uck<FONT face=Arial> Jensen<SPAN
class=796411112-22112003><FONT
color=#0000ff> </FONT></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial><SPAN
class=796411112-22112003></SPAN></FONT></FONT> </P>
<P><FONT size=2><FONT face=Arial><SPAN
class=796411112-22112003> </SPAN></FONT></FONT><FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Ronnie
Brown<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, November 21, 2003 6:59 PM<BR><B>To:</B>
reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Al is
quite<BR><BR></P></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV><FONT size=2>You got that right!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Today was a FABULOUS day in the Carolinas, no clouds, >
50 mile visibility, little wind, just a perfect day to fly a FABULOUS airplane
- my Velocity 173 Elite RG. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I got some new gas springs that are 50 lb and hold the door
up while taxiing, I got my landing lights installed </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>(between the gear leg and door), and everything is just
working SO good!!!!! What a GREAT airplane and a GREAT day to
fly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>So if you are sanding, sand faster and get that bird flying
- you're gonna love it!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Ronnie Brown</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV
style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
<A title=j.f.sheehan@issmail.larc.nasa.gov
href="mailto:j.f.sheehan@issmail.larc.nasa.gov">Jack Sheehan</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=reflector@tvbf.org
href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, November 21, 2003 9:48
AM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Al is
quite</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=-1>No the weather is nice so we are out flying</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=-1>N55XL</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B0F9.D408FEB0--