REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.
Alex Balic
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:28:58 -0600
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--Boundary_(ID_8p3Sdyw6EQe1Ei2Kto2PVA)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="Boundary_(ID_b5XdutlPmkOgPN3lrgYgEA)"
--Boundary_(ID_b5XdutlPmkOgPN3lrgYgEA)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=Windows-1252
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
BlankThere is a factory stock, high performance WRX that makes 300 also,
came out this year- that is 75hp per cylinder and running smog control...
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 10:48 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.
Yeow. That's a 153 cubic inch engine, rounded up for good measure.
A lot of people feel that keeping below 1 horsepower per cubic inch is
about what people should be pushing engines for longevity.
Unless he's turbocharging, running at rediculously high RPMs and
compresion ratios, I find it surprising to get that much horsepower. I
would really like to see the engineering he's put into that engine. Must be
an oversized machined billet crank, reinforced main bearings and reinforced
case. Pistons, rods ...
Some pictures of a Ford 302 block making more power than it could handle:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387871
If I recall correctly he was making 600 to 700 horsepower on a stock
block.
Brian Michalk <http://www.michalk.com>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Nolan Frederick
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 7:45 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Rotarys, Lycosaurs, etc.
Gentlemen,
I hope I don't offend with this. But I just spoke with Lance
Wheeler of NSI the other day and he told me he's getting ready to produce a
2.5L (4 cyl) turbocharged Subaru FWF pkg that his dyno says puts out 300 hp.
I'll bet one thing. It'll be a lot quieter than those rotarys. But, many
more moving parts though. I understand the 6 cyl turbo'd Subaru will put
out 300 hp and will likely cost a lot less than a 540 Lycosaur and probably
won't beat your props up quite so much. Oh yes, Mr. Wheeler said he has
developed a new heavy duty PSRU for the 300 hp 4 cyl engine. No, I don't
work for NSI. I just thought some of you Velocityites might find this
interesting.
nolan.
--Boundary_(ID_b5XdutlPmkOgPN3lrgYgEA)
Content-type: text/html; charset=Windows-1252
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE id=ridTitle>Blank</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><BASE
href="file://G:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE>BODY {
MARGIN-TOP: 25px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 25px; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica
}
P.msoNormal {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #ffffcc; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman"
}
LI.msoNormal {
MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #ffffcc; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman"
}
</STYLE>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=ridBody bgColor=#ffffff background=cid:856582605@05112003-210b>
<DIV><SPAN class=856582605-05112003>There is a factory stock, high
performance WRX that makes 300 also, came out this year- that is 75hp per
cylinder and running smog control...</SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT
face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>
reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of
</B>Brian Michalk<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, November 04, 2003 10:48
PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Rotarys,
Lycosaurs, etc.<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003>Yeow. That's a 153 cubic inch
engine, rounded up for good measure.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003>A lot of people feel that keeping below 1
horsepower per cubic inch is about what people should be pushing engines for
longevity.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003>Unless he's turbocharging, running at
rediculously high RPMs and compresion ratios, I find it surprising to get that
much horsepower. I would really like to see the engineering he's put
into that engine. Must be an oversized machined billet crank,
reinforced main bearings and reinforced case. Pistons, rods
...</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003>Some pictures of a Ford 302 block making
more power than it could handle:</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003><A
href="http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387871">http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387871</A></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003>If I recall correctly he was making 600 to
700 horsepower on a stock block.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=140220704-05112003></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<P> Brian Michalk <<A href="http://www.michalk.com/"
target=_blank>http://www.michalk.com</A>><BR>Life is what you make of it
... never wish you had done something.<BR>Aviator, experimental aircraft
builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver<BR>musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and
barely single<BR> </P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT
face=Tahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>
reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of
</B>Nolan Frederick<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, November 04, 2003 7:45
PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Rotarys,
Lycosaurs, etc.<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Gentlemen, </DIV>
<DIV> I hope I don't offend with this. But I just
spoke with Lance Wheeler of NSI the other day and he told me he's getting
ready to produce a 2.5L (4 cyl) turbocharged Subaru FWF pkg that his dyno
says puts out 300 hp. I'll bet one thing. It'll be a lot quieter
than those rotarys. But, many more moving parts though. I
understand the 6 cyl turbo'd Subaru will put out 300 hp and will likely cost
a lot less than a 540 Lycosaur and probably won't beat your props up quite
so much. Oh yes, Mr. Wheeler said he has developed a new heavy duty
PSRU for the 300 hp 4 cyl engine. No, I don't work for NSI. I
just thought some of you Velocityites might find this interesting.</DIV>
<DIV>nolan.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<P> </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
--Boundary_(ID_b5XdutlPmkOgPN3lrgYgEA)--
--Boundary_(ID_8p3Sdyw6EQe1Ei2Kto2PVA)
Content-id: <856582605@05112003-210b>
Content-type: image/gif; name="Blank Bkgrd.gif"
Content-transfer-encoding: base64
Content-disposition: attachment; filename="Blank Bkgrd.gif"
R0lGODlhLQAtAID/AP////f39ywAAAAALQAtAEACcAxup8vtvxKQsFon6d02898pGkgiYoCm6sq2
7iqWcmzOsmeXeA7uPJd5CYdD2g9oPF58ygqz+XhCG9JpJGmlYrPXGlfr/Yo/VW45e7amp2tou/lW
xo/zX513z+Vt+1n/tiX2pxP4NUhy2FM4xtjIUQAAOw==
--Boundary_(ID_8p3Sdyw6EQe1Ei2Kto2PVA)--