REFLECTOR:540 engine prices
KeithHallsten
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:25:46 -0800
Richard,
I am currently having Ly-Con build me up an IO-540-D. It priced out as
follows for my configuration:
1. Parallel-valve core $7,500
2. LY-CON major overhaul $19,695
3. New Lycoming cylinders $2,846
4. Port flow & balance cylinders $1,350
5. Coating Pistons, valve springs, & oil pump gears $610
6. LASER electronic mag ignition system $1,600
7. Upgrade to B&C starter $375
8. B&C L-60 alternator $488
9. B&C SD-8 alternator on vac pump pad $430
10. Airflow performance 90-degree fuel servo adaptor $90
So the grand total came to nearly $35K. I don't think the high-compression
pistons would add much.
Keith Hallsten, Velocity XLFG
----- Original Message -----
From: <Richard@Riley.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 11:07 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:540 engine prices
> Does anyone have a recent price quote for an out the door price on a Lyc
> IO-540, 260 hp? Especially with porting and high compression pistons?
>
> I can get a good quote on Monday, but I'm having dinner Sunday with
someone
> that's trying to work up a budget.
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>