REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents

Fred Marconi reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:01:21 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C39FE1.5F833C40
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Another trick is to place a piece of plywood 12" x 12" to distribute the =
force.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: AnnSam=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 5:27 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents


   Place only soft tyhings atop of the strakes such as your ass, not =
your knees. Or use a heavy piece of carpet with the knap down on the =
strake.

   -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On =
Behalf Of Mark Means
  Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 4:53 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents


    If it makes you feel any better I reinforced mine and still recently =
noticed the "dents". Just one more thing!

    Mark Means
      ----- Original Message -----=20
      From: DOHAYES@aol.com=20
      To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
      Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 10:27 AM
      Subject: REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents


      Does anyone out there with a top door model, who didn't think =
ahead and reinforce the tops of the strakes near the door, have dents =
from climbing in and out? I just got my airplane back from the painter, =
complete with dents on both sides where he climbed around doing his =
final polishing. He said he'd fix them, but I know from past experience =
that while he'll do a great job, it could take a year. I'm wondering now =
if the wait will be worth it if they are inevitable. I know I'll be =
careful, but what about everyone else? Anyone have them and cover them =
up somehow? Anyone?

      Doug Hayes
      Boulder, CO
------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C39FE1.5F833C40
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Another trick is to place a piece of plywood 12" x 12" to =
distribute the=20
force.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dannsam1@earthlink.net =
href=3D"mailto:annsam1@earthlink.net">AnnSam</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, October 30, =
2003 5:27=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR: Top =
door strake=20
  dents</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><SPAN class=3D296120722-30102003><FONT=20
  face=3DArial>&nbsp;Place only soft tyhings atop of the&nbsp;strakes =
such as your=20
  ass, not your knees. Or use a heavy piece of carpet with the knap down =
on the=20
  strake.</FONT></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><SPAN=20
  class=3D296120722-30102003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><SPAN=20
  class=3D296120722-30102003>&nbsp;</SPAN>-----Original=20
  Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org">reflector-admin@tvbf.org</A>=20
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Mark=20
  Means<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, October 29, 2003 4:53 =
PM<BR><B>To:</B> <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A><BR><B>Subject:<=
/B> Re:=20
  REFLECTOR: Top door strake dents<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV>If it makes you feel any better I reinforced mine and still =
recently=20
    noticed the "dents". Just one more thing!</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Mark Means</DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>
      <DIV=20
      style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
      <A title=3DDOHAYES@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:DOHAYES@aol.com">DOHAYES@aol.com</A>=20
      </DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
      href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, October =
29, 2003=20
      10:27 AM</DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR: Top =
door strake=20
      dents</DIV>
      <DIV><BR></DIV>
      <DIV>Does anyone out there&nbsp;with a top door model, who didn't =
think=20
      ahead and reinforce the tops of the strakes near the door, have =
dents from=20
      climbing in and out? I just got my airplane back from the painter, =

      complete with dents on both sides where he climbed around doing =
his final=20
      polishing. He said he'd fix them, but I know&nbsp;from past =
experience=20
      that while he'll do a great job, it could take a year.&nbsp;I'm =
wondering=20
      now if the wait will be worth it&nbsp;if they are inevitable. I =
know I'll=20
      be careful, but what about everyone else? Anyone have them and =
cover them=20
      up somehow? Anyone?</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Doug Hayes</DIV>
      <DIV>Boulder, =
CO</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C39FE1.5F833C40--