REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Location

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 19:29:50 -0500


Ronnie,
Did you install the beams before finishing the door cutouts? or did it just
get installed a little too close to the edge? I am making my beams flush
with the external skin (about 3/4" back from the inner door flange) so I
hope that I don't have a problem with the stripping.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Ronnie Brown
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 4:44 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Location


While we are talking about carbon beams, let me suggest that you make sure
that the top of the beam is installed far enough rearward that it doesn't
prevent you from having a good flange to install the weather stripping on.
I let my pilot side beam get a bit too far forward and have nearly no flange
for my door weather strip. The right side worked out fine.  Just something I
didn't pay enough attention to while I was installing the carbon beams in my
173 Elite RG.

Ronnie

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose