REFLECTOR:dark colors
Alexander Balic
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 18:30:58 -0500
sure, you can do it, since these do not take a lot of stress/ and or do not
face the sun, I can't see a problem there, I remember one of the old factory
aircraft was painted a deep orange, and then bright pink, to my knowledge,
it never fell from the sky- just be careful about the cowling, it might not
hold the plane up, but it takes more stress than you think, there is a large
negative pressure area back there trying to suck it off the back of the
plane...
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of doug.holub@att.net
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 1:09 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:dark colors
Is there any reason why I can't paint the non-structural parts of my
Velocity
a dark color? I'm considering bright red to make the plane more visible.
Couldn't I paint the wheel pants and the cowling bright red? How about the
two access covers on the nose? How about the underside of the fuselage,
strakes, and wings?
Doug Holub
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose