REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness- hard points

lawrence epstein reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 14:27:12 +0000


<html><div style='background-color:'><DIV>
<P>My hard point(s) are all inside the beam &amp; I use the newer system for the gas spring (in the middle of the door).&nbsp; No problem, but I did have to spend some time trial fitting the beam/gas spring prior to mounting.</P>
<P>Larry Epstein</P>
<P>173 fge<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Alexander Balic" <ALEX157@DIRECWAY.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: reflector@tvbf.org 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <REFLECTOR@TVBF.ORG>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness- hard points 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:38:09 -0500 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;about that hard point- I spoke with Brendon at the factory about that, 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;because I spent a lot of time fabricating 2 that would fit nicely inside the 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;beams, and I wanted the exact spot for placement, but he said that they 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;really need to go on the outside of the beam because when the door closes, 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the gas spring moves across the corner, and it needs to stick out away from 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the beam a bit to clear- if anyone has put them internally let me know, 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;because I have not quite done it yet, and would prefer (aesthetically) to 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;put them inside the beams. 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Alex 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-----Original Message----- 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Behalf Of velocity xl 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 8:38 PM 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: reflector@tvbf.org 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I don't no if your plans are different than mine but you might want to 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;look at where the door strut attaches . The new style attaches higher on 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the beam so you may want to but a hard point in that area also before 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;you attach it to the plane. 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ron 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;----- Original Message ----- 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Craig and/or Denise Woolston" <CDWOOLSTON@EARTHLINK.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "reflector" <REFLECTOR@AWPI.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:51 AM 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; John and I have rough fit the carbon beams into the airplane but there are 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; some healthy gaps (3/16" or less) in some areas. I can't find any 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;reference 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; in the manual as to how thick (or high depending on your opinion of what 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; dimension I talking about) should be. The only reference is that a 2x4 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; should fit inside the carbon beam for the seat belt upper attachment. 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Which 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; would say about 1.5" Do you just fill the gaps with structural adhesive 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;or 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; microglass or sand them down or what? 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Thanks, 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Craig 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; !----------------------------! 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; ! Craig Woolston ! 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; ! XL-FG in Palmdale, CA ! 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; ! cdwoolston@earthlink.net ! 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; !----------------------------! 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; _______________________________________________ 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; To change your email address, visit 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_______________________________________________ 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To change your email address, visit 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;_______________________________________________ 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
<DIV></DIV>&gt; 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose 
<DIV></DIV></div><br clear=all><hr>Add photos to your messages with  <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMJENUS/2749??PS=">MSN 8. </a> Get 2 months FREE*.</html>