REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness
Rene Dugas
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 14:57:40 -0500
I fit mine to within aprox 1/8th inch then structural adhesive was used
to lock them in in spots. I used a radius of micro and three tapes of
bid with peel ply. This matched sanding allowed good fit of side beams
to top cross member.
XL RG Flying in paint shop.
Rene'
N129RD
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and/or Denise Woolston
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:51 AM
To: reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR:Carbon Beam Thickness
John and I have rough fit the carbon beams into the airplane but there
are
some healthy gaps (3/16" or less) in some areas. I can't find any
reference
in the manual as to how thick (or high depending on your opinion of what
dimension I talking about) should be. The only reference is that a 2x4
should fit inside the carbon beam for the seat belt upper attachment.
Which
would say about 1.5" Do you just fill the gaps with structural adhesive
or
microglass or sand them down or what?
Thanks,
Craig
!----------------------------!
! Craig Woolston !
! XL-FG in Palmdale, CA !
! cdwoolston@earthlink.net !
!----------------------------!
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose