REFLECTOR:Incident/crash
reflector@tvbf.org
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 May 2003 00:37:57 EDT
--part1_146.1213ba04.2c005125_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I read a very interesting article in the March GA Flyer concerning what must
be reported as an accident. I knew of some of the requirements, but not all.
The copy is at work and I won't have it for another week.
I would suggest that Everyone read it... or if you like I will retype it and
post it on the reflector.
Being the airport manager here at E-98, I have been contacted for 2 separate
gear up landings. On the first, the C-310 was not damaged too badly and the
pilot asked me if he should contact the FAA. I asked him if he was injured (he
said no), and told him the damage looked minor to me, so we got his bird off
the runway and sent him on his way.
The second one... the pilot was already on the phone to the FAA when I
arrived at the scene. There were no injuries, and about the same amount of damage,
but the pilot that called the FAA sure built himself some Major Headaches.
That same GA flyer had some very good info on Ramp Checks, security items,
etc. Definitely worth reading!.
Kurt Winker.
--part1_146.1213ba04.2c005125_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I read a very interesting article in the March GA Flye=
r concerning what must be reported as an accident. I knew of some of t=
he requirements, but not all. The copy is at work and I won't have it=20=
for another week. <BR>
I would suggest that Everyone read it... or if you like I will retype it and=
post it on the reflector. <BR>
<BR>
Being the airport manager here at E-98, I have been contacted for 2 separate=
gear up landings. On the first, the C-310 was not damaged too badly a=
nd the pilot asked me if he should contact the FAA. I asked him if he=20=
was injured (he said no), and told him the damage looked minor to me, so we=20=
got his bird off the runway and sent him on his way. <BR>
The second one... the pilot was already on the phone to the FAA when I arriv=
ed at the scene. There were no injuries, and about the same amount of=20=
damage, but the pilot that called the FAA sure built himself some Major Head=
aches. <BR>
<BR>
That same GA flyer had some very good info on Ramp Checks, security it=
ems, etc. Definitely worth reading!. <BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker. </FONT></HTML>
--part1_146.1213ba04.2c005125_boundary--