REFLECTOR:Looking for suggestions about fire detection

Wayne Owens reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 11:46:41 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C32057.CF91FA80
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

They would be great for oil flow and tufting experiments.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SlvEgl99@aol.com=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Looking for suggestions about fire detection


  I have considered a small color television system with 4 small =
cameras, two inside the cowl and two outside looking toward the cowl. =
The field of view also includes the main gear.

  I am on travel so can not refer you to a web page, but the ones I =
looked at a year back are small and compact. The screen is about 3x4 =
inches and would fit easily where the "glove box" is in my panel. One =
could install a simple rotary switch to control which camera is active.

  Total cost less that $500 as I recall.

  My thoughts---"hear a noise or see some change in CHT, etc., take a =
look inside"
  I have also toyed with the idea of IR sensors instead of heat sensors.

  All of this is just idle thinking "The idle brain is the devil's =
playground"

  Bob Wood 
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C32057.CF91FA80
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They would be great for oil flow and =
tufting=20
experiments.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DSlvEgl99@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:SlvEgl99@aol.com">SlvEgl99@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, May 22, 2003 =
11:35=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Looking =
for=20
  suggestions about fire detection</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I have considered a small color television system =
with 4=20
  small cameras, two inside the cowl and two outside looking toward the =
cowl.=20
  The field of view also includes the main gear.<BR><BR>I am on travel =
so can=20
  not refer you to a web page, but the ones I looked at a year back are =
small=20
  and compact. The screen is about 3x4 inches and would fit easily where =
the=20
  "glove box" is in my panel. One could install a simple rotary switch =
to=20
  control which camera is active.<BR><BR>Total cost less that $500 as I=20
  recall.<BR><BR>My thoughts---"hear a noise or see some change in CHT, =
etc.,=20
  take a look inside"<BR>I have also toyed with the idea of IR sensors =
instead=20
  of heat sensors.<BR><BR>All of this is just idle thinking "The idle =
brain is=20
  the devil's playground"<BR><BR>Bob Wood</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C32057.CF91FA80--