REFLECTOR:Batteries
Nolan
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 22 May 2003 09:11:56 -0600
Hey, thanks Steve, I was a little undecided.
nolan.
----- Original Message -----
From: "steve" <steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au>
To: "Nolan" <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 6:21 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Batteries
>
>
> Thursday, May 22, 2003, 9:53:51 AM, you wrote:
>
> N> Hey Reflectorites, Take a look at Odyssey batteries and make a comment
or two re their suitability for our airplanes.
> N> nolan.
>
> The Odyssey is in my 173, I think **very** highly of it.
> My first battery was a general purpose auto battery ... failed during
> installation and testing of the electrical system.
>
> Second Battery an AC Delco (more expensive) lasted almost til the 1st
> flight (12 mths)
>
> The Odyssey (even more expensive) ... hit the start button, Franklin
> cranks better than it ever did, *always* starts first time
>
> Since then I have 'done a deal' with the supplier to get 7 more !
>
> 2 in a Lancair 4P (28v, only battery setup that would turn the gas
> turbine fast enough to avoid a 'hot start')
>
> 1 in a glasair 3 (his 4th and final battery selection) this guy
> reckons he could taxii on the starter motor
>
> 2 in glas=stars ??
>
> 2 in another gas turbine 4P
>
> I think they are the best.
>
> no. I don't work for odyssey,... no commissions etc...
> but I can recommend them from my experience.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> steve mailto:steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose