REFLECTOR:BATTERIES

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 11:37:43 EDT


In a message dated 5/21/03 8:18:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, NMFlyer1@aol.com 
writes:

<< 
 I have decided on a recombinant gas battery from B&C (the same guys that 
make 
 those light weight starters).  They are totally sealed, very light, very 
 powerful, can be mounted in any position.  They do not require venting, and 
have 
 fantastic cold starting capabilities (unlike Gel Cells). And, believe it or 
 not.. the price is pretty fair.  
  >>
I have been using the B&C recombinant battery for years (4).  Before that I 
used the Delco.  I love the B&C, and would highly recommend it.  They are picky 
when it comes to the amount of charging voltage for the best life 
(14.2-14.6volts).  So there linear regulator will do the trick, pricey, but adjustable.  
In my 3 dealings with B&C, I have found them to be far above what is expected 
regarding help, and answering stupid questions.