REFLECTOR:Front seat hard points

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 18 May 2003 17:41:18 -0400


Scott,

Thanks for responding.  It is appreciated.

Unfortunately, I have already followed the plans and put the hard points in.
This included removing the inboard rears (that was a mess) so I could mount
the speed brake.  This happened about 9 months ago and I had requested that
the plans be corrected so no other builder will have this problem.  I have
read the new manuals and the problem is still there.

I would strongly suggest that the method you have just proposed here be
written into the manual.  I'm sure the future builders will appreciate it.

Given the situation that I have, what does the factor suggest that I do?

Best,

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of S Baker
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 2:59 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Front seat hard points


Rather then rush into putting in the front seat hard points now, I suggest
that you assemble the seat hardware - throw some foam padding or thin pillow
onto the seat bottom and seat back - and jump in.  Position the seat
adjuster near the middle of its travel ... then physically scoot the entire
seat and mechanism forward or rearward so that the seat position feels "just
right" for you.  Make sure that the geometry of your right arm feels
comfortable when touching the stick (in other words, so that you don't feel
like you're either jammed or reaching).  When your happy with the position,
mark the seat mount location on the floor.  From there, it's a simple matter
to locate the position of the hard points.
Best regards,
Scott B.



----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Millin" <amillin@net-link.net>
To: "Reflector" <reflector@www.tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 9:17 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Front seat hard points


> According to the manual, the rear, inboard, front seat hard points are
> supposed to be potted right where the speed brake hinges are.  I looked at
> the new version of the manual, and this mistake still seems to be there.
I
> want to get my seat mounts done before I put the top on my fuselage.  Can
> anyone tell me what the work around should be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose