REFLECTOR:Fwd: Strake bottom outside bolt hole covers - A better one UPDATE
Jim Agnew
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 16 May 2003 12:46:23 -0700 (PDT)
Obviously the LOUVERS must point to the rear!
Jim
--- Jim Agnew <jim_agnew_2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:41:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jim Agnew <jim_agnew_2@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Strake bottom outside bolt hole covers - A
> better one
> To: Velocity Reflector <reflector@awpi.com>
>
> For those of you that are using the rear facing large
> fiberglass scoop to provide the air outlet on the strake
> lower outboard bolthole I have found a very nice
> alternative.
>
> I have large hands so I had to make the hole larger to
> get
> my hand in so the Velocity supplied cover would not work.
>
> At a West Marine store I found some very nice Stainless
> Louvered Vents in 4 & 5" round sizes (see the following
> HTTP for picture) for $3.99 each. They are very light
> and
> thin so they conform to the strake, about 1/8” high with
> a
> beveled edge, and a large number of louvers. I mounted
> them with four #6 SS ½” sheet metal screws and a ring of
> RTV on the inside of the vent. They are almost invisible
> unless you get down and look up under the wing and the
> cabin airflow is just fine.
>
> As a side benefit, the louvers are small enough that they
> will keep out larger bugs and critters. Happy venting.
>
> Jim
>
>
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=24823
>
>
> =====
> James F. Agnew
> Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
> Tampa, FL
> Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed
>
=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed