REFLECTOR:Release (?) Cleaner

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:42:58 -0400


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C31BC1.D3ADE0F0
Content-Type: text/plain

All,
 
Is the product for cleaning aircraft surfaces to prevent bug-sticking called
"Release"?  Or, what is the correct name, does it work and a good source?
 
Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Lynn Gallup
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 7:18 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Stick-Fix Ideas


Larry,
Great "StickFix" idea and pictures.
If the flox holds up, and I think it should, it will be a better idea than I
came up with.

I bought a chunk of 3/4 inch I.D. steel "schedule tubing" (means slip-fit
with 3/4 inch O.D. tubing). From this I cut two, one-inch lengths. These I
split lengthwise with a hacksaw and drilled for the bolt. I now had four
steel reinforcing "washers" to put on both sides of the stick tube and the
torque tube. I filed a flat surface on the mating inside pieces. So far, so
good.

Regards,
Lynn
======================
At 10:37 AM 5/12/2003 Monday, you wrote:


This is a second try.  My pictures were too big in the first attempt so I
reduced the resolution.
 
Jim Agnew came up with an elegant solution to this problem in a previous
thread.  My lack of machine shop access led to my own solution.  It's cheap
easy and everyone already has the stuff on hand to do it.  It requires two
wide area washers, Alpha Epoxy and some flox. All you need do is temporarily
bolt the wide area washers to the stick and torque tube, fill in the space
between the tubes and the washers with a nice thick flox mixture.  Let cure,
remove the bolts and reassemble.  You're done.
 
Instead of boring you with another 2,000 words, I've attached two pictures
instead.
 
Larry Coen
SE RG Franklin

 





_______________________________________________ To change your email
address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the
gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose


------_=_NextPart_001_01C31BC1.D3ADE0F0
Content-Type: text/html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">


<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN 
class=490531215-16052003>All,</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN 
class=490531215-16052003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=490531215-16052003>Is the 
product for cleaning aircraft surfaces to prevent bug-sticking called 
"Release"?&nbsp; Or, what is the correct name, does it work and a good 
source?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN 
class=490531215-16052003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN 
class=490531215-16052003>Chuck</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Lynn 
  Gallup<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, May 13, 2003 7:18 AM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Stick-Fix 
  Ideas<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT size=3>Larry,<BR>Great "StickFix" idea and 
  pictures.<BR>If the flox holds up, and I think it should, it will be a better 
  idea than I came up with.<BR><BR>I bought a chunk of 3/4 inch I.D. steel 
  "schedule tubing" (means slip-fit with 3/4 inch O.D. tubing). From this I cut 
  two, one-inch lengths. These I split lengthwise with a hacksaw and drilled for 
  the bolt. I now had four steel reinforcing "washers" to put on both sides of 
  the stick tube and the torque tube. I filed a flat surface on the mating 
  inside pieces. So far, so 
  good.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Lynn<BR>======================<BR>At 10:37 AM 
  5/12/2003 Monday, you wrote:<BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=cite cite="" type="cite">This is a second try.&nbsp; My 
    pictures were too big in the first attempt so I reduced the 
    resolution.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Jim Agnew came up with an elegant solution to this 
    problem in a previous thread.&nbsp; My lack of machine shop access led to my 
    own solution.&nbsp; It's cheap easy and everyone already has the stuff on 
    hand to do it.&nbsp; It requires two wide area washers, Alpha Epoxy and some 
    flox. All you need do is temporarily bolt the wide area washers to the stick 
    and torque tube, fill in the space between the tubes and the washers with a 
    nice thick flox mixture.&nbsp; Let cure, remove the bolts and 
    reassemble.&nbsp; You're done.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Instead of boring you with 
    another 2,000 words, I've attached two pictures instead.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Larry 
    Coen<BR>SE RG 
  Franklin<BR><BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR><BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>_______________________________________________ 
  To change your email address, visit 
  http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! 
  tvbf:jamaicangoose</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C31BC1.D3ADE0F0--