REFLECTOR:Fire Suppression Systems ??

steve reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 13:03:23 +0800


Hi PVTPIL8,

Wednesday, May 14, 2003, 12:14:53 PM, you wrote:

Pac> I am looking for some insight on fire suppression systems.  We are finishing 
Pac> up the engine compartment of my XL-RG and trying to make a decision on a 
Pac> system.
Pac> Has anyone installed one?
Pac> What kind? Halon or other?
Pac> Manual or automatic?
Pac> What CU. FT ?
Pac> From Who and about how much??
Pac> Thanks
Pac> Steve



    
    
    
    
    



I have a halon fire bottle mounted in the nose area. A saftey pin must
be removed before striking a large knob on the inst panel, this will
then discharge ALL the contents of the bottle via aluminium (aluminum)
tubing to the engine compartment.

I got the complete setup from AS. 'Phoenix' seems to ring a bell.

only problem.....can't test it without dumping the halon!!

.....steve
173 rge / franklin/ mt
-- 
Best regards,
 steve                            mailto:steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au