REFLECTOR:Stick-Fix Ideas

Lynn Gallup reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 06:18:01 -0500


<html>
<font size=3>Larry,<br>
Great &quot;StickFix&quot; idea and pictures.<br>
If the flox holds up, and I think it should, it will be a better idea
than I came up with.<br><br>
I bought a chunk of 3/4 inch I.D. steel &quot;schedule tubing&quot;
(means slip-fit with 3/4 inch O.D. tubing). From this I cut two, one-inch
lengths. These I split lengthwise with a hacksaw and drilled for the
bolt. I now had four steel reinforcing &quot;washers&quot; to put on both
sides of the stick tube and the torque tube. I filed a flat surface on
the mating inside pieces. So far, so good.<br><br>
Regards,<br>
Lynn<br>
======================<br>
At 10:37 AM 5/12/2003 Monday, you wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite>This is a second try.&nbsp; My
pictures were too big in the first attempt so I reduced the
resolution.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Jim Agnew came up with an elegant solution to this problem in a previous
thread.&nbsp; My lack of machine shop access led to my own
solution.&nbsp; It's cheap easy and everyone already has the stuff on
hand to do it.&nbsp; It requires two wide area washers, Alpha Epoxy and
some flox. All you need do is temporarily bolt the wide area washers to
the stick and torque tube, fill in the space between the tubes and the
washers with a nice thick flox mixture.&nbsp; Let cure, remove the bolts
and reassemble.&nbsp; You're done.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Instead of boring you with another 2,000 words, I've attached two
pictures instead.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
Larry Coen<br>
SE RG Franklin<br><br>
&nbsp;<br><br>
<br><br>
</font></blockquote></html>