REFLECTOR:ELT

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 5 May 2003 16:13:11 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C31321.39910640
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Re: REFLECTOR:ELTJack,

Found the picture of you plane on Bob Hugel's site.  I love the paint
scheme.  One sharp looking machine.

Do you have any more pictures.  I'm thinking I want to copy you.

(If you don't mind)

Best,

Andy
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Jack Sheehan
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 3:56 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:ELT


  Ronnie,
  Great run down on the ELT requirements. We get into similar discussions
about the use of not-certified equipment such as compasses and electronic
displays in our experimental aircraft during IFR flight. Do you have as good
a reference about those kinds of issues. I have always taken the position
that 91.205 requires minimum equipment and since it assumes it is being
installed in a certified aircraft the equipment would have to be TSO.  In an
experimental you can use what ever you want so long as you are able to
navigate as required. I suppose you can shoot an ILS with a home made device
so long as it works. I am not sure the minimum equipment even has to be
certified but it is hard to get a straight answer.


  Jack
  N55XL

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C31321.39910640
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR:ELT</TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
DL {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
UL {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
OL {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
LI {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
</STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Jack,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Found=20
the picture of you plane on Bob Hugel's site.&nbsp; I love the paint=20
scheme.&nbsp; One sharp looking machine.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Do you=20
have any more pictures.&nbsp; I'm thinking I want to copy=20
you.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>(If=20
you don't mind)</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Best,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D326041020-05052003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Andy</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Jack=20
  Sheehan<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 05, 2003 3:56 PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:ELT<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D-1>Ronnie,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D-1>Great run down on the ELT requirements. We get =
into similar=20
  discussions about the use of not-certified equipment such as compasses =
and=20
  electronic displays in our experimental aircraft during IFR flight. Do =
you=20
  have as good a reference about those kinds of issues. I have always =
taken the=20
  position that 91.205 requires minimum equipment and since it assumes =
it is=20
  being installed in a certified aircraft the equipment would have to be =

  TSO.&nbsp; In an experimental you can use what ever you want so long =
as you=20
  are able to navigate as required. I suppose you can shoot an ILS with =
a home=20
  made device so long as it works. I am not sure the minimum equipment =
even has=20
  to be certified but it is hard to get a straight answer.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D-1><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D-1>Jack</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D-1>N55XL</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C31321.39910640--