REFLECTOR:ALternator Woes
Scott Derrick
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 09:19:30 -0600
Bill,
That's a lot more amps than I need and its probably too big to fit under
my cowl. Is this installed on a Std Velocity or XL?
Scott
Bill Borgardt wrote:
> Delco makes a nice 105 Amp internally regulated alternator. It is an off
> the shelf, garden variety that is used on several of the GM cars. If you
> are interested, I can retrieve the model from the airport tomorrow.
>
> Bill B.
>
> Scott Derrick wrote:
>
>> Had a fantastic flight today flying down the Colorado river at 500 AWL
>> from Grand Junction for a hundred or so miles. Beautiful scenery and
>> a blast to fly the canyons.
>>
>> After turning south east to go to Farmington for lunch,great Mexican
>> restaurant, high gas prices, my alternator started to act up again.
>> What a bummer to end such a nice flight with my wife. Not to mention
>> that it scared the bejesus out of her to have the Low Amperage Light
>> flash and then have the engine monitor recycle.
>>
>> That's it. I give up on this 1970's overpriced piece of crap. I
>> should have changed to another model when the first one failed.
>>
>> What is a good solid new vintage alternator, with an internal
>> regulator that is cheap, i.e.. I can get it at Autozone with a
>> lifetime warranty for less than a $100. I need 60+ amps, the more the
>> merrier but it needs to be light and tough enough to stand the
>> pounding that 200 HP Lycoming puts out.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>