REFLECTOR:ALternator Woes
Brian Michalk
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:51:33 -0500
I'll second the Bosch quality.
In my search for injection parts for my Franklin, I bought many Bosch parts.
Everything was a pleasure to look at, and admire the engineering. I even
took some parts, chucked them up on the lathe, and cut them apart just to
see how they worked.
Brian Michalk <http://www.michalk.com>
Life is what you make of it ... never wish you had done something.
Aviator, experimental aircraft builder, motorcyclist, SCUBA diver
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and mostly single
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of steve
> Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 8:53 PM
> To: Scott Derrick
> Cc: reflector@tvbf.org; canards@tnstaafl.net
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:ALternator Woes
>
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> Sunday, June 29, 2003, 4:51:50 AM, you wrote:
>
>
> SD> What is a good solid new vintage alternator, with an internal
> regulator
> SD> that is cheap, i.e.. I can get it at Autozone with a lifetime
> warranty for
> SD> less than a $100. I need 60+ amps, the more the merrier but
> it needs to be
> SD> light and tough enough to stand the pounding that 200 HP
> Lycoming puts out.
>
> I paid a little extra and bought a Bosch, their stuff seems to be
> excellent
> quality, (as they say in their ads .... Good, Better, Bosch) you
> need to be a
> little careful in what model you order as it is important that
> the cooling fan
> rotates in the correct direction for optimum cooling. I can go
> look at the model
> # if you want? Mine is installed on a Frank, it was either the 60
> or 70 Amp
> model.
>
> No, I have no connection to bosch, IMHO they simply make quality stuff
>
> -- Best
> regards, steve mailto:steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>