REFLECTOR:FG main bearing problem
Brett Ferrell
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:43:43 -0700
Dennis,
I noticed this on one of my wheels recently, but since I'm not flying, I don't have recommendations yet on what to do about it.
Brett
Quoting Dennis Martin <dmartin@cougar.netutah.net>:
> As FG builders know, we have to tighten the castle nut
> on each main
> gear axle tight enough to keep the retaining washer
> (and both bearing
> housings) from rotating. Put another way, the race
> on the wheel
> must rotate around the Timken roller bearings while
> the housing and
> seal remain stationary.
>
> My problem: When I tighten the nut on the right main
> gear (enough to
> stop the washer and bearings from rotating), the
> rubber seal balloons
> out slightly around the outside diameter of the washer
> in one spot.
> I've removed it and replaced it at least six times.
> Always the same
> result. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
> Suggested
> solutions?
>
> Dennis Martin
> FG Long Wing
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>