FW: REFLECTOR:BATTERIES

Velocity_AZ reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:29:19 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C33B1D.C83F7C40
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001F_01C33B1D.C83F7C40"


------=_NextPart_001_001F_01C33B1D.C83F7C40
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I put an Odyssey battery in my plane (Elite LWFG).  The difficult part was
deciding which one.  I've heard that many pilots need to carry ballast in
the nose and since I only weigh 147 lbs, I decided that the ballast should
at least have some use - so I went for a heavier stronger battery -
PC925MJT.  The best part was that I was able to remove the metal jacket
(just a few drops of silicone hold it to the plastic case) and bolt it down
to the battery tray.  Then I just made a bracket that goes over the top of
the battery.  As it turned out, I still need some ballast in the nose (about
25 lbs) if I fly solo.
 
I bought the battery on-line at:
 
http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?c=odyssey
 
Kevin Steiner
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Chuck Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 12:01 PM
To: 'reflector@tvbf.org'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:BATTERIES
 
Tom,
 
This issue was discussed at length approx. a month ago and the conclusion
seemed to be that Odyssey batteries seemed to be a consensus choice as
reliable, robust, durable, even though a little pricey.  A number of other
sealed batteries were referenced but it seems if you're willing to spend the
bucks, Odyssey is an excellent choice.  Do a Google search for Odyssey and
you'll come up with info and distributors.
 
Chuck
N27GV
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Tom Martino
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 1:27 PM
To: Velocity Email List (E-mail)
Subject: REFLECTOR:BATTERIES
Any thoughts on the best batteries to you can buy?  Primary and backup?
 
I think a deep cycle is best for a backup battery since it is made to run
over a period of time with a steady drain.
 
For the primary battery you want strong cranking amps.
 
Any thoughts on brands?  Or models?


------=_NextPart_001_001F_01C33B1D.C83F7C40
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<meta name=3DProgId content=3DWord.Document>
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 9">
<meta name=3DOriginator content=3D"Microsoft Word 9">
<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C33B1D.C49E39A0">
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
  <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
 </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
  <w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
  <w:EnvelopeVis/>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
	mso-font-charset:0;
	mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
	mso-font-pitch:variable;
	mso-font-signature:16792199 0 0 0 65791 0;}
 /* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;
	text-underline:single;}
p.MsoAutoSig, li.MsoAutoSig, div.MsoAutoSig
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
	mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
	mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
	mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
	color:#993366;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple =
style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>I =
put an
Odyssey battery in my plane (Elite LWFG).<span style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes">&nbsp;
</span>The difficult part was deciding which one.<span =
style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbsp; </span>I&#8217;ve heard that many pilots need to carry =
ballast in the
nose and since I only weigh 147 lbs, I decided that the ballast should =
at least
have some use &#8211; so I went for a heavier stronger battery &#8211; =
PC925MJT.<span
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </span>The best part was that I was =
able to
remove the metal jacket (just a few drops of silicone hold it to the =
plastic
case) and bolt it down to the battery tray.<span style=3D"mso-spacerun:
yes">&nbsp; </span>Then I just made a bracket that goes over the top of =
the
battery.<span style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </span>As it turned =
out, I still
need some ballast in the nose (about 25 lbs) if I fly =
solo.<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>I =
bought
the battery on-line at:<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><a=

href=3D"http://www.batterymart.com/battery.mv?c=3Dodyssey">http://www.bat=
terymart.com/battery.mv?c=3Dodyssey</a><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></=
p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Ke=
vin
Steiner<o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><span class=3DEmailStyle18><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><!=
[if =
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o:p></o:p></span></font></span></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblack
face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;color:black'>-----Original
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf Of
</span></b>Chuck Jensen<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Wednesday, June 25, =
2003
12:01 PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
'reflector@tvbf.org'<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> RE: =
REFLECTOR:BATTERIES</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3Dblack
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'><![if =
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]></span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Tom,</span></font=
><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3Dblack
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>This issue was =
discussed
at length approx. a month ago and the conclusion seemed to be that =
Odyssey
batteries</span></font><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
color:blue'> </span></font><font size=3D2 color=3Dblue =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>seemed to be a =
consensus choice
as reliable, robust, durable, even though a little pricey.&nbsp; A =
number of
other sealed batteries were referenced but it seems if you're willing to =
spend
the bucks, Odyssey is an excellent choice.&nbsp; Do a Google search for =
Odyssey
and you'll come up with info and distributors.</span></font><font =
color=3Dblack><span
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
color=3Dblack
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Chuck</span></fon=
t><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>N27GV</span></fon=
t><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;margin-bottom:12.0pt;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;color:black'>-----Original Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf Of
</span></b>Tom Martino<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Wednesday, June 25, =
2003
1:27 PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Velocity Email List =
(E-mail)<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> =
REFLECTOR:BATTERIES</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>Any thoughts on the best batteries =
to you
can buy?&nbsp; Primary and backup?</span></font><font =
color=3Dblack><span
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D3 color=3Dblack face=3D"Times New =
Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;</span></font><font =
color=3Dblack><span
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>I think a deep cycle is best for a =
backup
battery since it is made to run over a period of time with a steady =
drain.</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D3 color=3Dblack face=3D"Times New =
Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;</span></font><font =
color=3Dblack><span
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>For the primary battery you want =
strong
cranking amps.</span></font><font color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;
mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D3 color=3Dblack face=3D"Times New =
Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:black'>&nbsp;</span></font><font =
color=3Dblack><span
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:1.0in'><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>Any thoughts on brands?&nbsp; Or =
models?</span></font><font
color=3Dblack><span =
style=3D'color:black;mso-color-alt:windowtext'><o:p></o:p></span></font><=
/p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01C33B1D.C83F7C40--

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C33B1D.C83F7C40
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef;
	name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="winmail.dat"

eJ8+IhMUAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy
b3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAEIAAUABAAAAAAAAAAAAAEJAAQAAgAAAAAA
AAABBoADAA4AAADTBwYAGQANAB0AAAADACYBAQOQBgB8AwAAHwAAAAsAAgABAAAACwAjAAAAAAAD
ACYAAAAAAAsAKQAAAAAAAwAuAAAAAAADADYAAAAAAB4ATQABAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAeAHAAAQAAABQA
AABSRUZMRUNUT1I6QkFUVEVSSUVTAAIBcQABAAAAIAAAAAHDO0eds0bXn4qBkkiurbsX2EObbpsA
A7/b4AAAbnkQCwAXDAAAAAACAR0MAQAAABkAAABTTVRQOlZFTE9DSVRZX0FaQENPWC5ORVQAAAAA
CwABDgAAAABAAAYOAI7saFg7wwECAQoOAQAAABgAAAAAAAAAqht1OE061hGdaQAIx6IR6sKAAAAL
AAGACCAGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAAAAADhQAAAAAAAAMALIAIIAYAAAAAAMAAAAAAAABGAAAAAFKF
AABzeQEAHgAtgAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAAAEYAAAAAVIUAAAEAAAAEAAAAOS4wAAsALoAIIAYAAAAA
AMAAAAAAAABGAAAAAAaFAAAAAAAAAwAvgAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAAAEYAAAAAAYUAAAAAAABAADGA
CCAGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAAAABghQAAANherDoAAAALADiACCAGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAAAAAO
hQAAAAAAAAMAOYAIIAYAAAAAAMAAAAAAAABGAAAAABCFAAAAAAAAAwA6gAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAA
AEYAAAAAEYUAAAAAAAADAD2ACCAGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAAAAAYhQAAAAAAAAsAV4AIIAYAAAAA
AMAAAAAAAABGAAAAAIKFAAABAAAAAgH4DwEAAAAQAAAAqht1OE061hGdaQAIx6IR6gIB+g8BAAAA
EAAAAKobdThNOtYRnWkACMeiEeoCAfsPAQAAAIIAAAAAAAAAOKG7EAXlEBqhuwgAKypWwgAAUFNU
UFJYLkRMTAAAAAAAAAAATklUQfm/uAEAqgA32W4AAABDOlxXSU5ET1dTXExvY2FsIFNldHRpbmdz
XEFwcGxpY2F0aW9uIERhdGFcTWljcm9zb2Z0XE91dGxvb2tcb3V0bG9vay5wc3QAAAADAP4PBQAA
AAMADTT9NwAAAgF/AAEAAAAzAAAAPE5HQkJKTkdKS0tCRExDSktGTU5BS0VGSkNPQUEudmVsb2Np
dHlfQVpAY294Lm5ldD4AAOuX

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C33B1D.C83F7C40--