REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:07:20 -0400
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C33AE8.6B604200
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I was getting 170 knots with a 66 dia, 72 pitch Catto on my 173 Elite RG but at only 2500 rpms wide open at 8500 feet and my take
offs and climbs were anemic. I only had about 2100 rpms static.
I had Craig repitch to 66 x 70 and now I am getting 155 knots with takeoffs much improved and static rpm now 2400 rpms.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: MTETER@aol.com
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Cc: mteter1@catt.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:06 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed
I'm not sure I beleve that 178 knots true. Standard or 173? Empty with really skinny pilot?
I'm a fat pilot, and I usually have a fat buddy with me plus other stuff. I get 155 to 160 knots true after burning off some fuel.
Best regards,
Mark 173 RG Elete
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C33AE8.6B604200
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I was getting 170 knots with a 66 dia, 72 pitch =
Catto on my=20
173 Elite RG but at only 2500 rpms wide open at 8500 feet and my take =
offs and=20
climbs were anemic. I only had about 2100 rpms =
static.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I had Craig repitch to 66 x 70 and now I am getting =
155 knots=20
with takeoffs much improved and static rpm now 2400 rpms.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ronnie</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----=20
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=3DMTETER@aol.com href=3D"mailto:MTETER@aol.com">MTETER@aol.com</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A title=3Dmteter1@catt.com=20
href=3D"mailto:mteter1@catt.com">mteter1@catt.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:06 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial =
size=3D2=20
FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">I'm not sure I beleve that 178 knots true. Standard =
or 173?=20
Empty with really skinny pilot?<BR><BR>I'm a fat pilot, and I usually =
have a fat=20
buddy with me plus other stuff. I get 155 to 160 knots true after =
burning off=20
some fuel.<BR><BR>Best=20
regards,<BR><BR>Mark  =
; =20
173 RG Elete</FONT> </FONT></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C33AE8.6B604200--