Re[2]: REFLECTOR:MT Props
steve
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:33:04 +0800
Hi HYTEC45,
Thursday, June 19, 2003, 9:56:15 PM, you wrote:
Hac> In a message dated 6/18/03 9:34:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Hac> bdespins@telusplanet.net writes:
Hac> << Are all MT props affected or only electric? I'm trying to find the
Hac> reference in VV, but so far I've been unsuccessful. >>
Hac> Both hydraulic and electric on non-counterweighted engines. Check the VV
Hac> Volume 34, page 10. mt's web sight has the service bulletin # SB16H regarding
Hac> this.
Hac> TEC
TEC,
I just had a look at the SB's on the MT web page. My reading of SB16H is that
limitations are dependant on what engine you are running. It looks like there
are *NO* limitations on the prop (MTV-12) if its installed on a Franklin for
example... Mainly the limitations seem to be imposed if you have an IO360
*without* crankshaft dampers.
The limitations seem to be vibration related, so it makes some sense that a 6
cylinder (read smoother) is unaffected whereas a 4 banger may be an issue.
--
Best regards,
steve mailto:steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au