REFLECTOR:Re: [c-a] State taxes on aircraft?
Alexander Balic
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:29:48 -0500
And you know what, it probably cost them more to sick the dogs on you then
they received from you in return.....the perfect beaurocratic system.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Marc Borom
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 11:55 AM
To: canard-aviators@yahoogroups.com; reflector@tvbf.org; Dave Black
Subject: REFLECTOR:Re: [c-a] State taxes on aircraft?
I am surprised that no one has chimed in from AZ. So here is some of the
skinny.
First a question. Are you talking about an experimental aircraft? I am
assuming your Velocity is flying.
The answer will be different if you are talking about a GA aircraft. The
Aeronautical Department of Transportation (ADOT) gets big bucks for GA
aircraft.
Experimental aircraft don't get hit up very hard.
As a matter of fact, I pay a flat fee of $25/year for my plane.
There was a big issue for me when I first moved to AZ from NY where there is
no fee for experimental aircraft and I wrongfully assumed that the laws were
the same. How dumb.
I was hunted down after about a year and severe fines were levied against me
for failure to pay the fees. I took them to court and had the fines removed
for simple back payment of the fees. Now things are copasetic between me
and the state of AZ. There may be a state sales tax levied against the
plane if one was never paid elsewhere (hey, AZ is almost bankrupt and ranks
49th in quality of schools). I recall that I had to demonstrate that I had
paid tax on all the items that went into the construction of the airplane.
Hope this is helpful.
Marc Borom
LongEZ
Ryan Field
Tucson, AZ
700 hours of flying fun
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Black" <dvblack@comcast.net>
To: <canard-aviators@yahoogroups.com>; <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 10:04 PM
Subject: [c-a] State taxes on aircraft?
> Group,
>
> I'm considering moving to Arizona, California, Oregon, or Utah and wonder
if
> anyone living in those states could tell me what taxes or fees they may
impose
> on aircraft.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Black
> Velocity RG
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose