REFLECTOR:State taxes on aircraft?

Nolan Frederick reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:42:39 -0600


Dave, give a good look at St. George Utah.
It's hot in the summertime but it's easy to cool off in Cedar City just up
the road.
nolan

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <richard@riley.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:State taxes on aircraft?


> If you're looking at retiring, don't think about California.  State income
> taxes at 10% plus 8% sales/use tax, and just going up.
>
> And I just spend half a million dollars on a 2000 square foot house in a
> city where half the people don't speak english.
>
> So. Cal for now, Florida when I retire.
>
> At 02:46 AM 6/17/03 -0400, you wrote:
> >Phil,
> >
> > > Dave, why would you consider moving to California?
> >
> >Because the best weather is in California.
> >
> > > People and businesses
> > > are moving out in droves because of taxes and politicians who think
your
> > > money is theirs.  The party in power of all branches of the government
has
> > > an insatiable appetite and has spent us into oblivion. For one, you
will
> > > get hit by high property taxes for the craft, depending on the county
> > > where you settle.
> >
> >I know several present and Ex-Californians who concur with your
assessment.
> >But as I am about to make a decision concerning where to retire, I wanted
to
> >get a fourth or fifth opinion. You have underlined what I already
believed.
> >
> > > Really, the climate right now is not good.  We're either about to go
> > through
> > > a tax revolution-upheaval starting with the recall of our beloved
governor,
> > > or see the Golden State head straight down.
> > >
> > > Give it a year and see what happens.
> >
> >Sounds like good advice. I doubt we'll be able to accomplish the move in
a
> >year anyway. On the other hand, I seriously doubt California will improve
much
> >in 12 months.
> >
> >Anyone else with comments on California?
> >
> >If the above holds, I'll be choosing between Oregon, Utah, and Arizona.
Anyone
> >with information on aviation taxes or fees in those states? Or is there
some
> >state I'm overlooking that's Mecca for aircraft owners?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dave Black
> >Velocity RG
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose