REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum

Hiroo Umeno reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:11:09 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C33421.E5E802C2"

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33421.E5E802C2
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

When I am ready to mount them (semi-)permanently, I will coat the inside
of the flange lips with silicon gel and bolt everything down.  The goo
should set and create an air-tight seal but if I need to take it out, I
can easily ply then off with a flat head screw driver.

=20

Hiroo

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 1:20 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum

=20

Hiroo,

=20

How do you plan on making it air tight?  I would think it might create
some strong cabin whistles.  I really like the idea of making it
removable.  Do you have any pictures that would show how you did it?

=20

Thanks,

=20

Andy

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Hiroo Umeno [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Hiroo Umeno
	Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2003 3:17 PM
	To: reflector@tvbf.org
	Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum

	You can install the overhead plenum before installing the lights
and vents as long as you keep it removable.  I created mounting brackets
and mounting flanges out of several layers of BIDs so that the overhead
plenum can be easily removed for later maintenance and upgrades.

	=20

	I also created wire conduits that run between the plenum,
overhead panel, and CP side floor conduit so that I can easily install
additional wire runs later.

	=20

	Hiroo

	=20

=09
________________________________


	From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org on behalf of Andy Millin
	Sent: Sat 6/14/2003 10:54 AM
	To: Reflector
	Subject: REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum

	I'm looking at installing my overhead plenum but haven't
installed the vents
	and lights yet.  Do I need to install the vents before I install
the plenum?
	Any help is appreciated.
=09
	Thanks,
=09
	Andy
=09
	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
=09
	Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose


------_=_NextPart_001_01C33421.E5E802C2
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">
<title>REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum</title>

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:"MS Mincho";
	panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"\@MS Mincho";
	panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p
	{margin-right:0in;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle18
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dblue>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>When I am ready to mount them
(semi-)permanently, I will coat the inside of the flange lips with =
silicon gel
and bolt everything down.&nbsp; The goo should set and create an =
air-tight seal but
if I need to take it out, I can easily ply then off with a flat head =
screw
driver.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Hiroo</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf
Of </span></b>Andy Millin<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Saturday, June 14, =
2003 1:20
PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> RE: =
REFLECTOR:Overhead
plenum</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Hiroo,</span></fo=
nt></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>How do you plan =
on making
it air tight?&nbsp; I would think it might create some strong cabin
whistles.&nbsp; I really like the idea of making it removable.&nbsp; Do =
you
have any pictures that would show how you did it?</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Thanks,</span></f=
ont></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblue face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:blue'>Andy</span></font=
></p>

</div>

<blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5.0pt'>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:12.0pt;margin-left:
.5in'><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> Hiroo Umeno
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf Of
</span></b>Hiroo Umeno<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Saturday, June 14, =
2003 3:17
PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@tvbf.org<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> RE: =
REFLECTOR:Overhead
plenum</span></font></p>

<div id=3DidOWAReplyText51771>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
color=3Dblack
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>You can
install the overhead plenum before installing the lights and vents as =
long as
you keep it removable.&nbsp; I created mounting brackets and mounting =
flanges
out of several layers of BIDs so that the overhead plenum can be easily =
removed
for later maintenance and upgrades.</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>I also created wire =
conduits that
run between the plenum, overhead panel, and CP side floor conduit so =
that I can
easily install additional wire runs later.</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Hiroo</span></font></p>

</div>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter =
style=3D'margin-left:.5in;text-align:center'><font
size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>

<hr size=3D2 width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter>

</span></font></div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:12.0pt;margin-left:
.5in'><b><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:
Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:</span></font></b><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'> reflector-admin@tvbf.org =
on behalf
of Andy Millin<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Sat 6/14/2003 10:54 =
AM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Reflector<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> =
REFLECTOR:Overhead plenum</span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 face=3D"Times New =
Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt'>I'm looking at installing my overhead plenum =
but
haven't installed the vents<br>
and lights yet.&nbsp; Do I need to install the vents before I install =
the
plenum?<br>
Any help is appreciated.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
Andy<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
To change your email address, visit <a
href=3D"http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector">http://www.tvbf.o=
rg/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a><br>
<br>
Visit the gallery!&nbsp; tvbf:jamaicangoose</span></font></p>

</div>

</blockquote>

</div>

</body>

</html>
=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C33421.E5E802C2--

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--