REFLECTOR:Seat placement
Jim Agnew
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 09:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
John,
I was concerned and when I built my seats using Chestnut
Ridge Foam (they make aviation foam for Boeing, etc) using
three layers 1" - 130-150#, 1 1/2" - 65-85#, 1" - 35-45# so
you get the impression of a soft seat that slowly
compresses as the second layer starts to compress and I
don't believe that the third (very slow rebounding) ever
compresses. You could change the thickness and mix to your
specifications. Everyone that has sat in my seats mentions
how comfortable they are.
They have the dimensions for the original pans and do all
of the basic cutting and shaping. If I remember the seats
were about $24 each and the backs $39 each.
Jim
--- John Rourke <jrourke@allied-computer.com> wrote:
> If you're going to go to that effort, you might want to
> consider a
> crush-box design at the same time... in the event of a
> collision (or
> even a very hard landing), there is a significant risk of
>
> spine-compression injury with rigid-mounted seats - and
> if anything,
> shortening the vertical bars can only make it worse (less
> chance of a
> G-attenuating collapse)... has anyone out there
> incorporated a crush-box
> (like the Cirrus does and, I think, the Lancair) - or
> does anyone have
> info on such?
>
> -John R.
>
>
> Christopher Barber wrote:
>
> >Great. I am glad that seems to work ok. I think I will
> do the same. Ok, all
> >I need to do now is to learn to weld. Not as big a
> problem now that I have
> >a reason <g>
> >
> >All the best,
> >
> >Chris
> >
> >Christopher Barber
> >Attorney and Counselor at Law
> >11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
> >Suite 103
> >Houston, Texas 77089-4755
> >281-464-LAWS (5297)
> >281-754-4168 (Fax)
> >
> >CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
> >www.TexasAttorney.net
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org
> [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> >Behalf Of Tom Martino
> >Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 10:09 AM
> >To: reflector@tvbf.org
> >Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Seat placement
> >
> >
> >I cut down the front vertical beam by two inches, and
> welded it back
> >together.
> >
> >
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Tony Babb [mailto:tonybabb@alejandra.net]
> >Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 12:50 AM
> >To: reflector@tvbf.org
> >Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Seat placement
> >
> >So how did you lower them? My SEFG kit came with a frame
> that goes
> >beneath
> >the seat, did you cut and weld the frame? How much did
> you lower them?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed