REFLECTOR:A TOUCHY SUBJECT!

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:20:11 EDT


--part1_109.249cb836.2c1b61cb_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

As I am a Florida resident and purchased the kit from Velocity, they 
collected sales tax and orwarded it to the state. When questioned by the state I 
submitted copies of the Velocity invoices and that took care of it.

I think if I were from another state I would assign the value that I paid for 
the kit and that would be fair. You would have invoices to support that cost 
and you would not of course have to pay taxes on the "Value Added" by your 
labor.

If you buy a completed plane, I think you can not escape the fact that the 
value is what you paid for it.

This is not legal nor tax advice as I am not qualified to provide either 
(grin).
Bob Wood

--part1_109.249cb836.2c1b61cb_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">As I am a Florida resident and purchased the kit from=20=
Velocity, they collected sales tax and orwarded it to the state. When questi=
oned by the state I submitted copies of the Velocity invoices and that took=20=
care of it.<BR>
<BR>
I think if I were from another state I would assign the value that I paid fo=
r the kit and that would be fair. You would have invoices to support that co=
st and you would not of course have to pay taxes on the "Value Added" by you=
r labor.<BR>
<BR>
If you buy a completed plane, I think you can not escape the fact that the v=
alue is what you paid for it.<BR>
<BR>
This is not legal nor tax advice as I am not qualified to provide either (gr=
in).<BR>
Bob Wood</FONT></HTML>

--part1_109.249cb836.2c1b61cb_boundary--