REFLECTOR:MT Props
Chuck Jensen
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:01:15 -0400
Dane, we gave up on "cheap" a long time ago. Now, we're looking for
efficacy and customer support or anything that works.
I want to thank all the contributors on the MT prop issue. Obviously, no
simple answers. My current status is I'm shipping the prop and hub to MT's
Deland, FL shop and they are going to assess the damage; both to the props
and my pocketbook. Hopefully, it's something they can fix there. If not,
then its a trip to Germany and I'll be shopping for something in the mean
time. If they can fix it locally, then I'll wait 'em out.
I told them my prop seals don't leak presently and that I hope their "fix"
doesn't become a problem, which it apparently has for others. Do seem to be
a violation of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule but I guess we're
all addicted to better, new and improved. Even when the improvement causes
new and enhanced problems that we didn't have before.
Yours cynically,
Chuck
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Dane White
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 12:04 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:MT Props
GUYS AND (GALS?),
Just got a note from Aero Composites (http://www.aerocomposites.com/)
saying they are moving ahead with a constant speed prop for our VELOs.
Should have details available at OSH.
Won't be cheap, though...
-Dane
On Tuesday, Jun 10, 2003, at 13:26 US/Central, Andy Millin wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a knowledgeable, reliable and reasonable priced
>
> I don't think you can use those three words together when talking about
> light weight performance props.
>
> The other alternatives: Hoffman and Aero Composites are in the same
> 10-12K
> price range.
>
> Please, PLEASE, let me know if there is another alternative that I'm
> not
> aware of.
Dane White
VELO STD RG, Franklin 350/Catto prop
Murfreesboro Tennessee
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose