REFLECTOR:MT Props
reflector@tvbf.org
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:55:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/03 6:44:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
romott@adelphia.net writes:
<< Oh and you'll have to come up with a way to plug the
hydraulics when you are running the straight prop. >>
You would have to pull the governor and cover the pad with a plate. If not,
the governor will be trying to send oil pressure to the snoot fitting. You
will also have to put a plug back in the front of the crank to keep the oil from
running out. I'm not quite sure about leaving the back plug (the one just in
front of the #1&2 journal) un-vented. I was told to either take out, or
drill a hole in it to prevent oil from becoming entrapped between the two. I
drilled and tapped mine 1/8 NPT so I could install a plug in the event I went to a
hydraulic system at some time.
Anyway, talk to some smart engine guys to find out.
TEC