REFLECTOR:Resin & Hardener heater question
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 16:34:42 -0400
Hi Bob,
I used a dimmer (wall switch) and two 60 watt bulbs in series to heat my
epoxy box. This box was about 12" deep, 24" wide, and 24" high that I lined
with 1" insulation. Big enough to hold 4 gallon jugs of epoxy and hardener.
Then I used a Radio Shack electronic temperature read out to monitor the
temperatures. I kept my box around 90-100 degrees. Makes it really easy to
pump out (I used West Systems pumps) and mix. I weighed my epoxy using an
electronic postal scale. Minimizes wastage (measure the cloth, mix up an
equal amount of epoxy).
I don't see why you couldn't use the fish tank heater - especially if it has
a temperature controller on it. I'd suggest a bit warmer - 90 to 100
degrees.
Glad to see you are back at work on your plane!!!!
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Hugel" <bhugel@lehightechnology.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 3:47 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Resin & Hardener heater question
> I was wondering if there is any reason why a fish tank warmer should or
> could not be used to keep resin and hardener at a comfortable temperature
> (perhaps 80 degrees)? It makes a lot more sense (to me) rather than using
a
> lamp under the whole pump assy.
>
> Does anyone have any input on this?
>
> Thanks, Bob
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose