REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows

Dave Scharfenberg reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 08 Jun 2003 12:24:00 -0500


I have light tint on the windshield and dark tint on the side windows.  Both
tints were available when I got my kit (a long time ago).  My setup is great
during the day but too dark at night in my opinion.  If I were to do it over
I would go with the light tint on the sides and clear on the front
windshield.  If the dark tint is available for the windshield, I wouldn't
suggest anyone use that and try to fly at night.

Dave Scharfenberg


on 6/7/03 10:40 AM, jack davis at n767sd@hotmail.com wrote:

> I concur with Scott.  I have the tinted windows and have not noticed any
> trouble with night flying.
> 
> Jack
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Scott Derrick" <scott@tnstaafl.net>
> To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
> Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 8:43 AM
> Subject: REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows
> 
> 
>> Greg Poole wrote:
>>> In fact, I am likely to have to do  it again if the dark tint glass I
>>> somehow managed to order (I think?)  is too dark for night VFR use.
>> 
>> Greg,
>> 
>> My Velocity has pretty dark windows. You can't see in without getting
>> real close and cupping a hand or something to block the ambient light.
>> I was worried about night operations also.
>> 
>> No problem that I can see!(pun intended!) :-)
>> 
>> I fly at night occasionally and can see fine. Somebody with limited
>> night vision, not enough rods or cones?, may have more of a problem than
>> they normally do.
>> 
>> Scott