REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:51:21 -0400
Hi Scott,
Perhaps you need to get your engine/prop dynamically balanced. Or try
tightening your engine mounts. Jim White had a buzz in his panel that had
never been there before. New engine Lord mounts had been installed but they
weren't tightened properly. After the mounts were retightened, the buzz
went away.
I have been having a problem with my new SkyTec starter - about half the
time it just clicks - doesn't start. I called the SkyTec folks and he asked
if I had had my engine balanced yet. He said that the vibration often
causes the contacts to wear in the solenoid. He sent me a new solenoid and
wants to see the old one. This problem started on the second time I started
my engine, so I doubt that is the problem.
But you might consider getting your engine/prop balanced. Costs about $100
I think.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott@tnstaafl.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows
> Chuck Jensen wrote:
> > All pilots I deal with are strictly interested in the quality, safety
and
> > efficacy of a plane in choosing a particular design or model. However,
for
> > those of a more shallow nature that consider things like looks and
> > estethics, they might come to the conclusion that the tinted windows do
add
> > something of a "cool" look to the overall appearance.
>
> ROTFL!!!!
>
> Chuck, that was splendidly said and a nice interlude to my once again
> alternator fiasco!
>
> Just call me Scott (On my way to ABQ to purchase another alternator and
> rework the mounts again!) Derrick
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose