REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows
Chuck Jensen
reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:50:42 -0400
I second Greg's observation. It sounds like my tinted windows are similar
to his and I don't sense any significant degredation of night vision. Since
the wave length(s) of sunlight is likely markedly different than artificial
light, maybe it has something to do with the wave length of light that is
blocked/absorbed by the tinted windows. From limited personal experience,
it seems the value of heat load reduction on the plane interior in the
summer outweighs what little light transmision is lost at night.
All pilots I deal with are strictly interested in the quality, safety and
efficacy of a plane in choosing a particular design or model. However, for
those of a more shallow nature that consider things like looks and
estethics, they might come to the conclusion that the tinted windows do add
something of a "cool" look to the overall appearance.
Chuck
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 8:44 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Tinted Windows
Greg Poole wrote:
> In fact, I am likely to have to do it again if the dark tint glass I
> somehow managed to order (I think?) is too dark for night VFR use.
Greg,
My Velocity has pretty dark windows. You can't see in without getting
real close and cupping a hand or something to block the ambient light.
I was worried about night operations also.
No problem that I can see!(pun intended!) :-)
I fly at night occasionally and can see fine. Somebody with limited
night vision, not enough rods or cones?, may have more of a problem than
they normally do.
Scott
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose